Self-Paced Learning with NearPod

Trying to combat boredom in the classroom? Me too...


One of the joys of the internet and global connection are all of the ideas that are constantly thrown at you, it is possibly also one of the negatives. Usually I look at all of these different ideas and think "Oh my gosh! This is amazing! I hope I remember to do it!..." and that's unfortunately where the thought ends. I find myself doing this all too often. I also find myself getting bored with similar types of lessons on the daily. I do switch it up daily but I am pulling from the same old "tools...

Enter NearPod!

My first hour American History class is not the most motivated of learners to say the least. They are very smart however, which challenges me to find ways to engage them. Lecture: Nope. Interactive: Nope. Projects: Yes, but you can't only do projects. Reading: Kind of. So I decided to try something new this week, and I think it's working!


Nearpod is an amazing interactive presentation tool! I have about 6 students in my classroom who are always ready to move on are always waiting for the rest of class to catch up. With Nearpod they can do the required reading, watch videos I would show in class, and engage in formative assessments on the app itself. On Thursday they were answering discussion questions and quiz questions. There are also options to draw on a slide and submit it!. 

The day before with those 6 students who are always ready for more we used the "Live" version of nearpod and were able to conduct and I was able to manage a live "Collaborative Discussion". It truly is an amazing tool! The Paid version includes 3D material and VR experiences as well!

Try it out! I will officially find out what the students think in the coming week. 

Happy Easter!!! Enjoy the Day!

Comments